In an effort to better help parents in understanding Newell Elementary
School's Entrance Age Policy, we have outlined the specifics below.
Please feel free to call our main office at any time for clarification.
Any child residing in the district shall be admitted to the kindergarten provided:
- The child will have attained the age of five years on or before October 1 of that school year;
- Proof shall be furnished of immunization against the
communicable diseases at the time of enrollment or such immunization
shall be completed within thirty days from date of entry into the
- The child shall have been examined by either the school or
private physician and the results shall be furnished to the school on
the form provided.
Any child residing in the district shall be admitted to grade one provided:
- The child will have attained the age of six years on or before October 1 of that school year.
- He/She has been in the first grade in another public school;
- He/She has completed kindergarten in a public school and been recommended for placement in first grade;
- Proof has been furnished of immunization against communicable diseases.